During the next few weeks or months, you will have many decisions to make.
We hope you will let the staff at Adoption Resources help you. We are a private, nonprofit adoption counseling and placement program. We have been working with children and families for more than 150 years. Our devoted staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We understand what you are going through. Our staff includes those with personal adoption experience. We support your choices. We want you to make a plan that is right for you.
- If you choose adoption, you have the option to select a family and get to know them before your child's birth. You can choose an open adoption if you feel that would be best for you and your child.
- Financial assistance is available if needed for living expenses as well as counseling, legal, and medical services.
- Educational assistance is available.
- Counseling is available before and after an adoption placement.
- Adoptive parents are carefully screened and are sensitively educated to the needs of birth parents and adoptees.
- Adoptive families provide letters and pictures on an ongoing basis for 18 years. Some families choose to meet through the years in an open adoption. Updated agreements can be legally enforceable.
For more information, call 800-533-4346 or email your questions via our contact us page.